How to Use the Bathroom | Grant Broggi How to Use the Bathroom | Grant Broggi

starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: How to Use the Bathroom | Grant Broggi

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,627

    Default How to Use the Bathroom | Grant Broggi

    • phoenix arizona seminar date
    • texas seminar date
    Starting Strength Coach Grant Broggi shares his expertise in proper use of the bathroom honed from years as a Marine and owner of The Strength Co.

    Watch video

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Dare I ask what prompted this?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    39,313

    Default

    Gym owners get frustrated about shit like this. For example, did you know that if you set out a new roll of toilet paper, the old roll will immediately stop being used until the two rolls are approximately the same size, and that if you set out another new roll it will be used preferentially as well? Nobody will use the last of a roll of toilet paper if a new roll is available. And people apparently like to climb up on the bathroom lavatory counter to take a bath while they wash their hands, judging by the amount of water that is always left around the sink itself. Also, nobody ever turns off either a fan or a TV.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    if you set out a new roll of toilet paper, the old roll will immediately stop being used until the two rolls are approximately the same size, and that if you set out another new roll it will be used preferentially as well? Nobody will use the last of a roll of toilet paper if a new roll is available.
    I noticed the same phenomenon with my jugs of milk when I still had roommates.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    145

    Default

    At my former office I swear there were men who had no concept of how to use a toilet. I'd frequently walk into the stall and find myself saying "How did you get sh*t THERE?" Honestly, on the wall behind the toilet? Did you have your feet on the seat trying to squat over the opening but misjudge the angle????

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    39,313

    Default

    Yeah, that happens.

  7. #7
    Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    3,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    At my former office I swear there were men who had no concept of how to use a toilet. I'd frequently walk into the stall and find myself saying "How did you get sh*t THERE?" Honestly, on the wall behind the toilet? Did you have your feet on the seat trying to squat over the opening but misjudge the angle????
    I saw it on the ceiling above the stall a few years ago. And two weekends ago I saw some at the very top of the stall divider (about 7 feet off the ground). I donít know how either could possibly happen by accident.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    I saw it on the ceiling above the stall a few years ago. And two weekends ago I saw some at the very top of the stall divider (about 7 feet off the ground). I don’t know how either could possibly happen by accident.
    Sounds like someone has developed some serious projectile launching skills. I suggest video surveillance.

    Meanwhile, there are several guys in my gym who need to be reminded to go ahead and use the bathroom before doing squats and deadlifts and bench press. Fully grown adults.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,414

    Default

    To Grant's point about your fellow gym goers needing to hear the water run, to trust you washed your hands afterwards:

    ...they also need to see that you don't still have a patina of chalk on your hands afterwards.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    8,889

    Default

    Don't forget soap and hand sanitizer. I currently have about 4 bottles of liquid soap in the bathroom that are about 1/4 full sitting on the shelf.

    And plates. At the end of a full day every single 10,5, and 2.5 in the gym has somehow migrated to a single power rack and the rest are barren.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •