starting strength gym

Thread: Strength and Conditioning: Times Have Changed | Jim Steel

Default Strength and Conditioning: Times Have Changed | Jim Steel

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Times have changed in the strength and conditioning world over the years. I reckon that in a word, you could describe the source of the changes as “access.” In the 80s there was not access to as much information as there is now. Of course there was no internet, with the social media superstars and the keyboard warriors hiding behind the computer typing their uninformed opinions about strength training...

Read article

I always liked Jim's articles, lots of fun history and a great perspective on strength as a career.

I've been getting asked from friends/family when I'm gonna turn my career towards fitness. You know, "do what you love to do as a job."
    They obviously don't read Jim Steel.

Jim was not in the "fitness" business. Not at all.

Interesting article in the Denver Post sports today about Von Miller. Last year he did some monkey bar training wearing a weighted vest (I wonder how many kids were influenced by this!). This year he has gained ten pounds and is working in the weight room. No details of his workouts but I suspect more weight training. I predict he will have a great year unlike last year.

Steel is the man. This is one of his best.

That was a damn good read. Reminds me of a lot of the stupid crap I have had to hear and put up with for the past 23 years of the military. The statement about “conditioning comes fast but strength does not” is right on point. In sports and jobs where you are supposed to crush your opponents, why would you not want to be stronger than everyone else? Just don’t get it.

Great stuff. I sure wish I had been smart enough to read - and follow - this back around 1975 . . .

I was told teaching high school kids proper technique and getting strong was "old fashioned"!

starting strength coach development program
    I love these types of articles. I think it is interesting to see how things have changed over the years.