starting strength gym

Thread: Can anthropometry help you predict which muscle groups are more likely to limit a DL?

Default Can anthropometry help you predict which muscle groups are more likely to limit a DL?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What I mean is:

Are long-waisted people somewhat more likely to have their spinal erector strength limiting their Deadlift rather than their hip extensors?

Are long-legged people somewhat more likely to have their hip extensors limiting their deadlift rather than their spinal erectors?

If yes, then how do we know this (apart from observing trends)?

Thanks!

If anthropometry can predict the muscle groups that will bottleneck the deadlift, then anthropometry can predict the muscle groups that the deadlift will have the greatest strengthening effect upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If anthropometry can predict the muscle groups that will bottleneck the deadlift, then anthropometry can predict the muscle groups that the deadlift will have the greatest strengthening effect upon.
    That was pretty much what I had in mind. Is it not the case that anthropometry can predict this?

Perhaps. But why is this important?

oh gosh I mean its not REALLY

but perhaps someone who needs to make alterations to their early intermediate deadlift training could find this information modestly useful

starting strength coach development program
    Well, okay.