starting strength gym

Thread: Bicep tendinitis flare

Default Bicep tendinitis flare

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Does anyone have a good rehab technique for bicep tendinitis flare ups? I am about a month or so into my novice lp and due to shoulder mobility issues Was just very recently able to low bar without having my wrists bent. But the damage was already done. It was so bad I couldn’t do any of my worksets in bench today. I tried to train through it but couldn’t.

Hello, yes I had debilitating bicep/shoulder tendinitis last year. I couldn't do much of anything. It lasted about 2-3 months and it was painful as fuck. I was pretty much limited to prowler pushes, front squats, etc. It was finally fixed with a Cordless Massage Gun. Rogue sells an expensive one...I purchased a cheaper version online. Anyway after using it for about 2 weeks I was pretty much back at 100%. Good Luck.

Thanks MAD9692. Yeah it was pretty bad. I got through the warmups on my bench, was getting ready to start my “fahves” for 265 and immediely upon the decent I was happy I had set my pins correctly. Said screw it and went to deadlift. First warmup, pulling want bad but as soon as I set it down my arm felt the jolt. Said screw it...
    The shitty thing is I was trying a new gym on Fort Benning that had at least 20 squat racks with brand new platforms, bars,and plates. I was so excited that the army had finally built a gym for training.

Get it. Have your significant other dig it into your rotatory cuffs, scapula's, lats, etc. It should hurt. The next day I was significantly better. Like I said in a couple of weeks I was back to normal.

starting strength coach development program
    I can’t vouch for the analysis of the causes of Tendinopathy here, though it looks thoughtful to me:

Overcoming Tendonitis – Steven Low

And I have used his suggestion of high-rep slow-eccentric movements. Basically, I do 3x30 biceps curls where the eccentric is 2-3 seconds. This has been the only thing that has helped.

Nice thing about that site is they give good suggestions for specific eccentric movements for various specific tendons.