starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Singlet

Default The Singlet

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Why???

It allows the judges to easily see the angles of your limbs in order to determine depth of squat, and lockout on the deadlift. As far as the bench press, it allows the center judge to check out your bulge easier (assuming you have a bulge).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    I lol'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by csjack View Post
    It allows the judges to easily see the angles of your limbs in order to determine depth of squat, and lockout on the deadlift. As far as the bench press, it allows the center judge to check out your bulge easier (assuming you have a bulge).
    Wait, so if I were to squat in, say, shorts and a short-sleeve t-shirt, the judges might not be able to determine depth or lockout?

Also, if you're looking to purchase one for a meet, DO NOT TYPE 'SINGLET' INTO THE AMAZON SEARCH BAR.

It's been months now and my 'related items' on the front page is still full of kinky shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Treg View Post
    Wait, so if I were to squat in, say, shorts and a short-sleeve t-shirt, the judges might not be able to determine depth or lockout?
    You think it's unreasonable to require a dress code for organized sports participation?

Mostly depth. In shorts and a t-shirt, the crease in the hip is less visible at the bottom.

Yes. A hundred times, a thousand times, and a million times YES. It is not only possible, but very likely.

Having watched thousands of people perform hundreds of thousands of squat reps in a wide variety of workout apparel, I can confidently tell you that there are numerous examples of common workout clothing in which all the things the judges need to see cannot clearly be seen. And there would be differences of opinion between the judges and the lifter about this. Maybe wrong calls because of it. And, inevitably, arguments, especially if the lifter showed up without any backup alternative clothing, but god dammit he paid his money for the meet and these assholes hate him just cause he's white/black/male/female/short/tall/ginger/bald/jewish/christian/muslim/unibrowed/etc...and so are trying to force him out of the meet. For which he paid his money like everyone else, god dammit!

Having lifters wear a tight singlet solves those problems so throughly that not doing so seems foolish. Lots of people don't like the singlet but it's really the only viable option I can see.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaimi Kuenzli View Post
    Also, if you're looking to purchase one for a meet, DO NOT TYPE 'SINGLET' INTO THE AMAZON SEARCH BAR.

It's been months now and my 'related items' on the front page is still full of kinky shit.
    I can second this. Their ideas of singlets are often not competition legal.....or aesthetically pleasing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast