starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Singlet

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    I know I am missing a good (inside) joke but I don’t get it.
    Can someone help a brother out?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Since you asked.
    wikipedia

I was trying to imply the question is too vague and therefore cannot be answered correctly.

That, my friend, may be the answer we're all serching the question to.......

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    The number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", calculated by an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought over a period of 7.5 million years.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Yes. A hundred times, a thousand times, and a million times YES. It is not only possible, but very likely.

Having watched thousands of people perform hundreds of thousands of squat reps in a wide variety of workout apparel, I can confidently tell you that there are numerous examples of common workout clothing in which all the things the judges need to see cannot clearly be seen. And there would be differences of opinion between the judges and the lifter about this. Maybe wrong calls because of it. And, inevitably, arguments, especially if the lifter showed up without any backup alternative clothing, but god dammit he paid his money for the meet and these assholes hate him just cause he's white/black/male/female/short/tall/ginger/bald/jewish/christian/muslim/unibrowed/etc...and so are trying to force him out of the meet. For which he paid his money like everyone else, god dammit!

Having lifters wear a tight singlet solves those problems so throughly that not doing so seems foolish. Lots of people don't like the singlet but it's really the only viable option I can see.

See, I was just being irreverent, which I now realize wasn’t very nice of me. And then you come along and give a very sincere and cogent reply, like you always do, and now I feel even worse. Sorry!

The singlet is arguably the best part of the meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Since you asked.
    wikipedia

I was trying to imply the question is too vague and therefore cannot be answered correctly.
    Maybe directing inane questions about exercise to this answer should be a default response.

Bench press too. With baggy shorts it’s hard to tell if someone’s butt came off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Treg View Post
    See, I was just being irreverent, which I now realize wasn’t very nice of me. And then you come along and give a very sincere and cogent reply, like you always do, and now I feel even worse. Sorry!
    To quote my friend Michael Malice - who's podcast I was just on if you missed it: YOUR WELCOME.

starting strength coach development program
    There are technically other options (although they are practically the same as a singlet). A rash guard and compression shorts or leggings would technically work...but people would probably try to wear super thick super elastic stuff to try and build tension bringing in a whole host of new rules about thickness of material and yada yada yada. The real question is if it ain't broke, why try to fix it? Just realize that no one cares what you look like in a singlet and move on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12