starting strength gym

Thread: Heavy deadlift on heavy squat day

Default Heavy deadlift on heavy squat day

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Last workout on friday i did heavy squat (137.5 kg for 3x5) and at the end of the workout when i warm up the deadlift it felt really heavy. I finished the deadlift with 147.5 kg for 5 reps but the set wasn't so easy.
    Should i move the deadlift on heavy squat day to another day?

Whenever I do a HLM structure I never do heavy squats and DL on the same day. Try doing heavy pulls on medium or light squat day.

Linked in the sticky, which you still apparently haven't read: Necessary Info for Programming Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Linked in the sticky, which you still apparently haven't read: Necessary Info for Programming Questions
    Male
    21 years old
    BW:111.2 kg
    Right now i am doing the advenced novice programing (with the light squat day in the middle).
    I am squatting right now 137.5 for 3x5 and deadlift 147.5 1x5.
    For squats i guess its the end cause i tried hit 140 but had no gas to complete the sets (eating 5,000 cals a day, 600+ carbs, 278 protein and 110 fat). I will implement now back off sets for squats and will try to squeeze the lp a little bit more.
    About the deadlift , as i asked should i move it from the heavy squat day? If yes, where do i put it?

P.S: Please forgive me for the laziness of reading the stickey. Never will happen again.