starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I Wasn't Doing the Program...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Have you read the book?

Before you post: READ THIS

I did my first lifting in 2010. I did lots and lots of research over years as I ran into problems, both here and in other places around the internet. A little over a year ago, I finally bought and read the book Starting Strength. It was incredible to go through the book and see the things I had slowly learned through years of reading articles and forums and from on-again off-again lifting and experimentation - getting beat up in the process - laid out plainly and clearly, as well as additional useful information.

Save yourself the trouble and get the book and read it. It’s not that long, you can have it finished in a couple days.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Have you read the book?

Before you post: READ THIS
    Yes I did, although it was several years ago. I got and read the kindle edition first. Didn't retain much (for some reason I get better retention reading paper books). Bought the hardcover, read that too. Hard to read for a former jock like me - like reading a medical textbook when I just want to learn how to clean and bandage a minor cut. It's a book to be studied, not read.

I will take the next 3 days to re-read and study it. Reading a book "study style" with notes n such helps me retain/understand better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12