starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golfer's Elbow Question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rippetoe has a protocol for elbow tendonitis. He talks about it on the "Muscle For Life with Mike Matthews" podcast.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by me80iq View Post
    Rippetoe has a protocol for elbow tendonitis. He talks about it on the "Muscle For Life with Mike Matthews" podcast.
    I almost disregarded this post because I did a lot of research on the subject on this forum when all this happened. Seeing how it was "chin ups that caused the injury", I wrote the pin firing protocol as anything but a healing technique. I did look it up though and glad I did. It, along with Nick's explanation, helped elaborate that much more on what I've learned about this.

It's quite possible I already had weak/degenerated tendons before the chin ups, and now it makes that much more sense that Nick said the same thing, because instead of chin ups causing INJURY, they may have been causing INFLAMMATION (it was so bad I had a visible bruise for many weeks) as a response to something that already existed without pain.

I feel armed with so much more knowledge for future issues now. Here's a link to the podcast where it begins where it was most helpful for me;

YouTube

Also a quick tip that's helped me a great deal; if you're anything like me without all the time in the world and a short attention span, play most of your podcasts at 2x speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12