starting strength gym

Thread: Where should I go from here?

Default Where should I go from here?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello im Tobi
    I started Starting Strength (except the power cleans ) in February/ March and increased in nearly all of my lifts.

My current lifts at 92kg, 20% BF and 185cm height (20years):
    Squat: 119kg
    Bench: 79kg
    OHP: 50kg
    Deadlift: 127kg

The last month I had to take 2 weeks off in total. 1 week in a row and 3 missed workouts.After the 1 week off i decided to back off the weights with 10% in every lift.

Im now back with the weights were i was before the reset. Before the reset I ate about 4000cal and +230g of protein a day. I gained quite a bit of strenght and fat.
    Right now im eating above maintence, probably +3000 and still keeping protein intake high.

My big goal is a 500 poud deadlift and 400 pound squat, but I dont want to get even more bodyfat. Probably a bitt less would be better in my oppinion?

What are your thoughts on what i should do to come closer to my goal but also dont get to fat?

Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by tobi View Post
    Hello im Tobi
    I started Starting Strength (except the power cleans ) in February/ March and increased in nearly all of my lifts.

My current lifts at 92kg, 20% BF and 185cm height (20years):
    Squat: 119kg
    Bench: 79kg
    OHP: 50kg
    Deadlift: 127kg

The last month I had to take 2 weeks off in total. 1 week in a row and 3 missed workouts.After the 1 week off i decided to back off the weights with 10% in every lift.

Im now back with the weights were i was before the reset. Before the reset I ate about 4000cal and +230g of protein a day. I gained quite a bit of strenght and fat.
    Right now im eating above maintence, probably +3000 and still keeping protein intake high.

My big goal is a 500 poud deadlift and 400 pound squat, but I dont want to get even more bodyfat. Probably a bitt less would be better in my oppinion?

What are your thoughts on what i should do to come closer to my goal but also dont get to fat?

Thanks for reading
    Sustainably gaining strength without gaining fat? You are talking about the holy grail.

I hope those are your working weights above and not your 1RMs otherwise you haven't been doing the program, if so a 300/400/500 single is a reasonable goal for the end of the year. I would suggest you continue on the novice program as I bet you still have some to go, the novelty of training is just starting to wear off and that's why you are wanting to change up so this is where the real effort begins.

Later on down the track choose whatever intermediate programming appeals to you (they are all fine).

I recommend continuing to eat above maintenance. You won't need to be particularly fat to reach those numbers, so don't worry about bf% is my recommendation for now - if 20% body fat upsets you that much perhaps your first priority should be a psychiatrist, meditation or whichever branch of Eastern philosophy appeals to you (they are all fine).