starting strength gym

Thread: Warm up set calculator in kg with small increments

Default Warm up set calculator in kg with small increments

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Is there a website or doc that exists to calculate warm up sets in kg, that is also capable of handling small weight jumps of 2.5kg and 1kg?

Cheers.

Pretty sure that (work set - empty bar)/number of warmup sets works in kgs just as well as lbs.

I just use the calculator on my phone (which is where I keep my training log too) and round to the nearest whole plate increment. I'm no mathematician but it seems pretty simple.

Calculating warmup sets is explained in the book. No calculus is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by James7 View Post
    Is there a website or doc that exists to calculate warm up sets in kg, that is also capable of handling small weight jumps of 2.5kg and 1kg?

Cheers.
    Hey mate - you shouldn't really need to microload your warmups. Best formula for easy memory is workset, minus the weight of the bar, then divide that number by four. They'll be your jumps.

There's an app. Starting Strength Warmups by Shabu Pty Ltd. LBS vs KG can be switched in settings. Same developer also makes Strength Club and the older Starting Strength Official. I'm on iOS. Not sure if there's an Android equivalent. The math on this is extremely simple, but it's hard to argue that inputing your working set weight and desired number of warm ups sets and hitting "calculate" isn't easier. Pretty sure the warmup app is free. Has banner linking to the SS podcast and a news button that links to the most recent blog posts.