starting strength gym

Thread: A Quick Tour of White's Boots and The Starting Strength Weightlifting Boot

Default A Quick Tour of White's Boots and The Starting Strength Weightlifting Boot

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Starting Strength Coach Grant Broggi stopped by White's Boots, manufacturer of the Starting Strength Weightlifting Boot, on a recent trip to Spokane, WA. The weightlifting boot will be available Summer/Fall of 2019.

Watch video

I had a question before, but the original thread was closed. With a sole like this, would it be fairly easy for a cobbler to plane down the heel some to reduce the heel-to-toe drop?

Also, I'm very glad to hear these will be available in wide widths. How wide - 2E, 3E, 4E? Hoping you'll go nice and wide.

Thanks!

The net heel will be 5/8", so it won't need lowering. You have a 4E foot? Photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The net heel will be 5/8", so it won't need lowering. You have a 4E foot? Photo?
    Wow, thanks for the reply, Rip! But no, you may not have a photo of my feet. Pervert!

Glad to see the boots being made here in Spokane. Now if we could only get a Starting Strength gym...

Quote Originally Posted by Treg View Post
    I had a question before, but the original thread was closed. With a sole like this, would it be fairly easy for a cobbler to plane down the heel some to reduce the heel-to-toe drop?

Also, I'm very glad to hear these will be available in wide widths. How wide - 2E, 3E, 4E? Hoping you'll go nice and wide.

Thanks!
    Here's hoping they go in the opposite direction as well. Finding anything in a 13B is tough. Of course it's easier than finding the 12AA's I wore prior to middle age.

Quote Originally Posted by David Clark View Post
    Here's hoping they go in the opposite direction as well. Finding anything in a 13B is tough. Of course it's easier than finding the 12AA's I wore prior to middle age.
    Me too. 12B. I have a pair of Nick’s boots because they make them to order. Companies that offer some widths tend to make normal and wide. Very few make narrow. It could be because wide feet are more common but it could be that a narrow foot can fit in wide but not the other way around.

Late to the game... would love to see those being available without heels as well.

starting strength coach development program
    How much money will these be?