starting strength gym

Thread: A Conversation on Cardiac Rehab with Dr. Abeel Mangi | Starting Strength Radio #12

Default A Conversation on Cardiac Rehab with Dr. Abeel Mangi | Starting Strength Radio #12

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark Rippetoe and Dr. Abeel Mangi discuss strength training and cardiac rehab. Dr. Mangi is an attending surgeon in the Section of Cardiac Surgery at Yale University, and is Associate Professor of Surgery at the Yale University School of Medicine.

Watch/listen with transcript

Default Strength Training and Cardiac Rehab

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Mark Rippetoe and Dr. Abeel Mangi discuss strength training and cardiac rehab. Dr. Mangi is an attending surgeon in the Section of Cardiac Surgery at Yale University, and is Associate Professor of Surgery at the Yale University School of Medicine.

Watch/listen with transcript
    Great Discussion! I like the idea of a collaboration between the Physician and Starting Strength coach/ gym. Like Dr Mangi , I routinely have the conversation with my patients about the absolute importance of strength training for their health. As physicians, we need to educate our colleagues as to the miriad benefits of strength training .
    Thanks
    Fred Barnes MD FACS

I’m training with a new aortic valve and aortic root I feel much better since I started training again

Another high quality podcast. Thank you.

I am in need of a consultation with a cardiologist like Dr. Mangi who understands this stuff. Do you know of a resource for finding such a doctor?

Pertinent information:
    Male, 44, 6'0 , 215. Sets of 5: Squat 335, Dead 360, Press 145, Bench 255

I have been diagnosed with aortic insufficiency (leaky valve). Other that that I am in good health. However, I've been on blood pressure medication for the past 8 years (Lisinopril 20 mg ACE inhibitor I think) . Was usually around 140/85. Now 120/75 medicated.
    Problem is this shit makes me dizzy. I feel like I don't need to be on this medication. Doc says I should be. I've got a wife and two little kids. I obviously don't want to F up and risk my health, but I can't help thinking that I don't need to be taking this stuff.

Thank you for the great information that you provide here and in your books. Starting Strength has had a huge impact on my life and the people around me. My Dad is 78 and just squatted 220 for a set of 5 the other day.