starting strength gym

Thread: High reps and volume myths

Default High reps and volume myths

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,

Is there any evidence or studies that have shown high reps/high volume training, to help connective tissues heal or become stronger faster? I keep reading that, high reps force more blood into the soft tissues to recover. I don't see how you can "force" blood into avascular tissues. There are pretty much no veins, so is there really an increase in blood during high rep training? If that's the case then bodybuilders should have the strongest joints in the world. Always chasin that good pump.

I train for arm wrestling and I use starting strength to get stronger. But there is this huge belief among some top guys, that I need to be doing high rep training for my elbow joints. Like sets of 30-50 reps almost daily to stay injury free and strengthen the connective tissues. It seems counterintuitive to me. Wouldn't that cause repetitive strain injury instead?

These guys are very strong arm wrestlers and swear by this approach.

No studies that I know of. More importantly, no experience with training that shows this to be true.

Thanks Rip. That's what I was guessing. I have tried high reps the day after a tournament when I'm sore. I believe all it did was give me a longer duration of DOMS lol. Like 48 hrs more.