starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Where the Clients Are | Rebecca Fishburne

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I see a lot of that too - people doing the same thing for years. Exercise vs Training. Occasionally I ask other people about their goals and their programs and how that's working for them. Those are interesting conversations.

Great article Rebecca! We've probably met, I've been to 5x3 a few times for workshops and individual sessions, love Emily and Diego. Unfortunately it's about an hour's drive away, so it's not going to be my everyday gym. In defense of the "big box" gyms, one of those is my regular gym, and it's got 3 standalone squat racks, plus 4 other "connected" squat platforms with removable/adjustable safety arms. In the past few months they've even added actual "platforms" to those 4 areas and recently upgraded to Eleiko bars and plates. so that's good. A surprising number of people are doing squats and deads lately (mostly with less than ideal form).

Even though I've been doing SS workouts there for three years, and I think my form is pretty SS-approved, I've never had a single person ask me about my methods, my form, or anything else. Maybe I don't look very friendly, or maybe I just don't look strong enough for anyone to think they should ask. I've often wanted to say something to someone to "help" their form, but I just bite my tongue. My opinion is that as long as they're in the gym doing something, it's better than nothing. And if they asked, I'd certainly send them to 5x3 rather than doing any coaching of my own - just because I do things a certain way doesn't mean I'm qualified to help someone else.

Hi to Emily and Diego!

starting strength coach development program
    I really like your writing style. In my opinion, you have an ability to express your thoughts without inserting too much personality. I think that's also evident in your willingness to discover and speak the language of the non SS clients. Something tells me that you will be a successful trainer, gym owner, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12