starting strength gym

Thread: A Commanding General’s Intent, and What it Means for Your Training | Grant Broggi

Default A Commanding General’s Intent, and What it Means for Your Training | Grant Broggi

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    How can a unit that trains 38 out of 365 days a year be prepared for battle, to fight alongside the active-duty component? I’ll tell you how. While the current general may have just recently laid out his intent for the Marine Reservists that make up the 4th Mar Div, it’s a summary of what the division has been doing for over 70 years. It’s a concise four points that every Marine can remember even if they only put on the uniform 38 days a year. And if these four points are applied to your training, you will have success in the weight room just as the division does on the battlefield.

Read article

Simple yet brilliant article. I hear the influence of Col John Boyd in there, although USAF he heavily influences the modern USMC warfighting. Shwerpunkt and commanders intent, indeed. Thanks for the good piece Grant, I enjoyed it.

I am restraining myself, but have you read "Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War" by Robert Carom? Highly recommend it.
    Late in his career he was 'adopted' by the USMC and taught at some of the advanced schools in Quantico.