starting strength gym

Thread: The Double Layback: A Lifter’s Approach | Carl Raghavan

Default The Double Layback: A Lifter’s Approach | Carl Raghavan

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "I’d like to tell you what it is I’m doing, and how it’s an excellent way to get strong. I’m not a doctor, I’m not a physiotherapist, I’m not a chiropractor. I’m a lifter, a coach, and a practitioner of the much-maligned double layback – and I can offer you some insight into what I know about this incredible lift."

Read article

Great article, thank you!

Slowly, I'm getting the hang of the different pressing styles - in theory. It was pretty confusing at first. Now I need to practice.
    Also thanks for linking Bill Starr's article, that was also interesting and helpful.

Plus I learned a new word, "fugly". I'll make sure to incorporate it into my trash talking (which needs less practice than my press...).

I'm always happy when a press article comes out. I love watching the press sections of a USSF meet, especially with how different everyone's press looks. The variation is super cool to watch.
    Carl's press looks effin cool too. From the front, I can't even see his head during the beginning of the 2nd layback.

Somewhat predictably, I’ve found that the stronger I am, the fewer negative comments I receive.
    Too true. Funny how people become a lot quieter when they see their squat 1RM being tossed overhead.