starting strength gym

Thread: Strength and Golf with Jay Livsey | Starting Strength Radio #17

Default Strength and Golf with Jay Livsey | Starting Strength Radio #17

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark Rippetoe and Jay Livsey discuss how golfing performance is improved by dedicated strength training with barbells as part of a series on the Two Factor Model of Sports Performance. Jay Livsey is the owner of Starting Strength Denver and former pro golfer.

Transcript & Episode Resources

Default I can echo this podcast

I have freshman and sophomore sons who just made their high school golf team. Unlike some of their better teammates, we don't belong to a country club or take private lessons. My 16 y/o son is diabetic, hypothyroid and has low growth hormone standing at 5'3" while his freshman brother is 5'10". His first season of golf didn't go well last year with a very poor performance in the conference finals. In mid-June this year we started the novice linear progression program after buying rogue fitness equipment in out unfinished basement. I wanted them to get strong for health reasons- diabetes, hx of osteoporosis in the family including males, and injury prevention- they also play competitive hockey. Training has been the hardest thing they have been through but the benefit has been rewarding.

They are stronger on their edges with skating and absorb checks better. They both are sure they are hitting the golf ball harder and farther The most important outcome however is psychosocial. Their posture / body language is better and their confidence is improved. Yes, I have read and believe in the 2 factor model. These 2 sons are average to above-average athletes, not elite in any sport they play. There no college scholarships in their future but it's great to see them compete and know they can grind through difficult endeavors.

Golf needs this, it's sad what is still going on even with so called educated golfers.

just look at this

Bryson DeChambeau posts gym progress, fellow players chime in | Golf Channel

guy is worth tens of millions and thinks doing 25lb dumbell curls is going to help him while he says he isn't going to deadlift.

Quote Originally Posted by DougBriggs View Post
    Golf needs this, it's sad what is still going on even with so called educated golfers.

just look at this

Bryson DeChambeau posts gym progress, fellow players chime in | Golf Channel

guy is worth tens of millions and thinks doing 25lb dumbell curls is going to help him while he says he isn't going to deadlift.

Whatever he decided to do, it bore fruit. Dude is MASSACRING the ball, even with that weird-ass swing of his.