starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Novice issues and misunderstandings (focus deadlift)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    So, you're not going to read the book?
    He's not from the USA.

55Kg Deadlift after 9-10 months ??? What the hell have you been doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Velazquez View Post
    He's not from the USA.
    I gathered that.

Quote Originally Posted by jbackos View Post
    55Kg Deadlift after 9-10 months ??? What the hell have you been doing?
    Didn't I write in my first post that I recently started doing deadlift and had 2 sessions, read everything not just between the lines, and I am not afraid for my deadlift numbers, they are going up easily and I am young, very young. Many natural powerlifters up to 83 kg kilograms, who train for 10 years have 260-300 kg deadlift, I can reach more than half of that for one year even if I would be working improperly, what I hopefully will not do.

Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorius View Post
    I can reach more than half of that for one year even if I would be working improperly
    How about you just do it in 1 month instead? You are young, after all.

Don’t forget to come back again for more abuse.

Holy sh*t guys, why beat up newbies ?

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Don’t forget to come back again for more abuse.

Holy sh*t guys, why beat up newbies ?
    I think I am failing to see the logic in this statement. Mark Rippetoe has a board dedicated to strength training and his life's work which is included, voluminously so, in the book Starting Strength - Basic Barbell Training, 3rd Edition. An individual comes to Rip's board, asking a question where all the answers are already contained within the book. Rip points the original poster to the book, which, again, contains all the answers. Instead of reading the book, the original poster is essentially asking for Rip to produce new content for him, to address his own personal situation, for absolutely zero monetary compensation.

In your line of work, would you be okay with someone coming in and demanding you provide them with a product you don't offer, and then demand that it be given to them for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorius View Post
    Also, I know that I can squat, if I can do it with my body I should also be able with a barbell. Actually I can squat even with a barbell probably but I need to take ultra wide sumo stance but I feel uncomfortable on that way between my legs close to the hips, and I have no intention to hurt them.
    This should be the intro to SS 4th Edition. #trolllogic

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    I think I am failing to see the logic in this statement. Mark Rippetoe has a board dedicated to strength training and his life's work which is included, voluminously so, in the book Starting Strength - Basic Barbell Training, 3rd Edition. An individual comes to Rip's board, asking a question where all the answers are already contained within the book. Rip points the original poster to the book, which, again, contains all the answers. Instead of reading the book, the original poster is essentially asking for Rip to produce new content for him, to address his own personal situation, for absolutely zero monetary compensation.

In your line of work, would you be okay with someone coming in and demanding you provide them with a product you don't offer, and then demand that it be given to them for free?
    I thought I saw this again
    cut n paste, cut n paste, cut n paste,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast