starting strength gym

Thread: Training for Life | Jordan Burnett

Default Training for Life | Jordan Burnett

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "The basic life skills that fell by the wayside in my youth were being taught to me by a barbell, of all things. Over time I noticed these qualities starting to bleed over into other areas of my life."

Read article

Default Awesome Article. Needed That

Jordan, great article. And I identify. Keep doing what you are doing, young man. I too found SS after getting sober.
    Work hard on your sobriety and your gainzzz!

Awesome read. Great job Jordan. Pretty much kills the RPE snake-oil strategy.

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

Jordan this is an amazing testimony to the benefits of what we do and the improvement that we experience through the process of accumulating hard-fought strength adaptations. Starting Strength Dallas is extremely luck to have you. Keep charging ahead and may God strengthen you in your sobriety.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD9692 View Post
    Awesome read. Great job Jason. Pretty much kills the RPE snake-oil strategy.
    I am not sure how it does, but if you say so.

Jordan - nice story, thanks for sharing.

Thank-you for sharing this. I'm looking forward to you achieving that 700 lb deadlift Rip has anticipated.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I am not sure how it does, but if you say so. .
    Did you read the article? How would RPE Fit here?

" I'd get under the bar and un-rack it. Goddamn, this feels so heavy. I don’t know if I can do this. I go down and the first rep comes up slowly. The second rep is slower, and the third rep slower still. I try my best to reign in my thoughts and will myself to keep going. I go down with the fourth rep and it’s painfully slow. I want to rack the bar so badly, I’m positive there’s no way I can get this last rep. I steel myself and do it anyway, and there’s this moment on the way up where the bar stops moving. It’s only for a second or two, but in that moment, time stops. I have this incredibly quick conversation with myself about whether I’m going to choose to keep pushing, or if I even can. And then it’s over, and all there is left to do is keep pushing or let gravity win. I barely finish the rep, in total disbelief that I did it. "