starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meniscus Root Repair Rehab & Recovery | Emily Socolinsky

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Great rehab story! I had a total knee replacement July 7th and I am so glad I went in to surgery as strong as I did. Compared to others that I have seen in my upper 60’s age group my recovery is progressing much faster than normal. I did however rely more on pain meds than you did.

Thank you for taking the time to post your recovery story.

Awesome story! I just had ACL reconstruction (patella) and meniscus root repair surgery yesterday. I have to keep my brace on for one full week and then go from there. Do you recommend a similar type approach to what you did? I really want to get back to working out ASAP!

Thanks for any information, as I’m not very educated on the matter.

Here’s some info done by Dr Chris Moriarty on the subject of injuries in BJJ. Knee is most common according to their findings. Interesting info.

Injury rate and pattern among Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners: A survey study.

I’d be willing to bet that the vast majority of those knee injuries are meniscus related.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I’d be willing to bet that the vast majority of those knee injuries are meniscus related.
    I’m a brown belt and can say based on my experience you are probably right. I don’t recall if they broke down the injury types in this survey. Just the location of injury if I remember correctly

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbraddock View Post
    I’m a brown belt and can say based on my experience you are probably right. I don’t recall if they broke down the injury types in this survey. Just the location of injury if I remember correctly
    I don’t think they gathered data on specific knee injuries. Meniscus surgery has definitely been the most common surgery among my teammates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12