starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Starting Strength Belt | Dominion Strength Training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    GOD no. Why on earth would you use a lever belt?
    Because I prefer it. It instantly loosen between sets, instantly tightens for the next set. No need to wrap the belt around a rack to pull it tight. I've been using one for the last three years, and so far there is zero downside. But if you prefer to struggle with a buckle, by all means do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimi Kuenzli View Post
    Lever belts? Nah. I ain't gonna carry a screwdriver around like some rugrats-ass NERD to re-adjust the damn thing every time I eat too many oreos the night before my training.
    I've never needed a screw driver and don't carry one in my gym bag. But then, I have enough self-control not to stuff myself with Oreos.

You struggle with a buckle? You wear your belt at the same tension for every set? Well, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You struggle with a buckle?
    Maybe bother would have been a better word. What you describe in this video is what I would call unnecessary bother.

You wear your belt at the same tension for every set?
    Yep.

It's just a matter of personal preference. For people whose waist circumferences changes a lot and often, a lever belt is more of a bother. For those (like me) who don't expand and contract that much, a lever belt is far simpler to use and gives me just as much support as I used to get with a buckle belt. As I said, I've been using one for three years, and it works just fine.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks guys for having us on the Podcast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12