starting strength gym

Thread: Inner Game of Tennis, Podcast Guests, Sumo Wrestling | Starting Strength Radio #22

Default Inner Game of Tennis, Podcast Guests, Sumo Wrestling | Starting Strength Radio #22

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark Rippetoe answers questions from fans in another Q&A episode of the Starting Strength Radio Podcast. In this episode, Rip discusses The Inner Game of Tennis, sumo wrestling, exercise science studies, and the athletic capacity of old people.

Transcript & Episode Resources

I'm glad you didn't actually explain the Inner Game of Tennis, because I probably wouldn't have bought it if you had. It's a great read despite its modest length.

It's kind of crazy to me that this guy just figured all this shit out by just paying attention and thinking about it.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    I'm glad you didn't actually explain the Inner Game of Tennis, because I probably wouldn't have bought it if you had. It's a great read despite its modest length.

It's kind of crazy to me that this guy just figured all this shit out by just paying attention and thinking about it.
    No doubt about it, it's a great book. I had the good fortune to attend a workshop on team building based on the book back in the 90's before I was so rudely laid off by Hughes Aircraft. One guy finally got it when he decided he needed to focus on a small molding tag on the seam of the tennis ball in order to still all the background noise his brain had pinging around in his head.