starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Rippetoe Cardboard Figure

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Y View Post
    I was really hoping that would be a charity for the exact opposite thing it ended up being. Paper straws are a menace. I heard this madness has even crossed the pond now. Hope it doesn’t make it over here.
    Salvation is on the way! Straws made of a hemp based plastic biodegrade within a year. It seems like a perfect solution for liberals, or progressives as they prefer to be called these days, to get behind. After all, even though they deplore smoking of tobacco, legalizing MJ is a GOOD THING.

OTOH, these same folk are so splintered and irrational in their religious beliefs, I can well imagine that some subset of them will find something wrong with such straws.

Why do we even need straws? I've never been in a situation where I feel like a straw would greatly enhance my life.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Andrew, we only get what we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Andrew, we only get what we need?
    I didn't say that.
    Just because I don't understand or value something doesn't mean I believe no one should be allowed to have it.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Salvation is on the way! Straws made of a hemp based plastic biodegrade within a year. It seems like a perfect solution for liberals, or progressives as they prefer to be called these days, to get behind. After all, even though they deplore smoking of tobacco, legalizing MJ is a GOOD THING.

OTOH, these same folk are so splintered and irrational in their religious beliefs, I can well imagine that some subset of them will find something wrong with such straws.
    Make the straws smokable. Should be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Why do we even need straws? I've never been in a situation where I feel like a straw would greatly enhance my life.
    For those of us with bushy mustaches, it makes drinking milkshakes a little less embarrassing. No solution for soup, coffee, or beer, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post

Have you looked at the price of agricultural commodities, including hemp, compared to the cost of plastic? There is a reason 70% of our clothing is plastic, even though human preference is for natural fibres.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Have you looked at the price of agricultural commodities, including hemp, compared to the cost of plastic? There is a reason 70% of our clothing is plastic, even though human preference is for natural fibres.
    While no doubt true, that has little or nothing to do with the beliefs or article of faith of the Gaiaist Planetary Holy Communion.

Yeah, my post was a tangential jump off from yours. Just another reason why replacing plastics is expensive and usually produces a negative environmental impact. No doubt, many Nike employees and execs would protest to urge a government mandated move to hemp based clothing for their competitors.

My posts in this thread began drifting off topic.

I strive to purchase only the most environmentally friendly life size Rippetoe cardboard cutouts regardless of if it is made of cardboard, plastic or hemp.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    For hygiene.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast