starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anchor feet for sit-ups

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by BareSteel View Post
    Interesting idea, Balrog. I toyed with knee angle today.

On the topic of PT exams and sit-ups, does anyone have general suggestions about frequency on these? I've considered doing them every weekday morning - the premise being that they're not nearly as taxing as heavy compound lifts and it's more about building a motor skill. The other consideration is to do them 2-3 X per week, under the premise that the muscles engaged require rest and recovery like any other muscles. Open to suggestions from those who have been through this before. Thank you,
    The frequency I have used recently is zero of these in the months leading up to the test. In lieu of sit ups, I did planks for one minute at a time, every day, never even as much as ten minutes of planking a day.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTWOLF View Post
    The frequency I have used recently is zero of these in the months leading up to the test. In lieu of sit ups, I did planks for one minute at a time, every day, never even as much as ten minutes of planking a day.
    When I did them I did three sets three days a week, worked up to 30 or 40 in a set, short rests. That got me into the 80s for the 2 minute test, head on floor to elbows on knees, fingers interlaced. If doing planks works you could consider doing sit-ups only once a week to practice gaming the movement, and use the planks as the primary training. Doing it that way would probably be better for your spine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12