starting strength gym

Thread: We Are the Opposite | Ray Gillenwater

Default We Are the Opposite | Ray Gillenwater

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "What we care about is helping you achieve your own physical potential, however vast or limited that may be, and we realize that the way to achieve it is not to accumulate box jumps, it’s to accumulate muscle mass. Yes, even for women. Yes, even if you’re past middle age – scratch that, especially if you're past middle age."

Read article

You all are doing great work with the gyms. If one drops in Portland/Vancouver I guarantee my mom will go. She still hasn't given back my Starting Strength copy, but that's fine.
    And we both agree that Kathy is badass.

Great article Ray. Really well done.

Surely 'vanity should take a back seat to capability', or a derivative of this, is a t-shirt waiting to happen.

Keep up the great work mate.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimi Kuenzli View Post
    You all are doing great work with the gyms. If one drops in Portland/Vancouver I guarantee my mom will go. She still hasn't given back my Starting Strength copy, but that's fine.
    And we both agree that Kathy is badass.
    Please give your mom a fist bump for me.

While she's waiting for SS Portland, I'm hoping she can see a coach ad-hoc and make some progress.

They're a bit far, but I did suggest Next-Level Barbell in Portland. At the very least to check in on form and progress while she trains at a gym closer to home.
    At the very latest, she'll be there in Spring when they host a USSF meet cause I'll be participating.

She also bought Barbell Prescription, so that's good too.

The Barbell Prescription is the book that got me into a Starting Strength gym--good call, Kaimi!

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadDaylight View Post
    The Barbell Prescription is the book that got me into a Starting Strength gym
    Is there a better book about health and fitness for 40+? Imagine if policymakers, doctors, and personal trainers read it, understood it, and helped implement its recommendations.

Either way, we will show people how important this is by continuing to publish stories about people like Kathy and keep pushing to spread the word generally. How many people’s lives are meaningfully better lives because of Rip and the derivative works? This is really damn motivating for us.