Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The First Three Starting Strength Gyms – An Analysis | Ray Gillenwater

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I have several ideas about how you could approach it; Let me give this a little more thought.
    Sounds good. We certainly wouldn't mind an introduction to the health and wellness managers at Chase, Amazon, etc

The pilot sounds interesting. I would like to hear more about the workings of that, if possible.
    I enjoy nerding out on business strategy. Happy to share whatever you're interested in hearing about (the stuff that's not proprietary, anyways).

There's a company that owns the market in terms of partnering with health insurance providers and offering discounted gym memberships to the providers' members. Their model is: partner with national gym brands, get a discounted rate that they can offer to their members, and take a piece of the transaction. They typically focus on the low-end, high-volume part of the market. This is the part of the market we avoid entirely since it's rife with misinformation, psychological manipulation, and lots of money changing hands without anyone becoming any better physically than they were before. We are going to pilot our highest end service offering to see if their marketing is useful for premium services. Our semi-private coaching sessions are $185 each. We have a monthly subscription plan that gets trainees one session per week, for $585/month which is around $195 off. This plan will be offered at a 15% discount ($497).

Yngvi, what's your business background? I'm guessing marketing or biz dev. Would be curious to hear what you've worked on in your career. If you don't want to share publicly, feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

I can't get you Chase or Amazon (Like I said, probably not good companies to start with anyway), but I may be able to leverage some connections to get in front of the right people; Too many factors I haven't yet looked into yet to tell for certain what will be a good fit.

I love the business strategy too, I would look at whatever you can give me!

I thought there was a direct messaging function on this forum.... I am not on LinkedIn, but maybe I will create one in the near future. Or maybe I could just send you an email.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

I love the business strategy too, I would look at whatever you can give me!
    Excellent. Here's our Business Overview.

Feel free to email if you'd like to chat separately. My first name @startingstrengthgyms.com

starting strength coach development program
    That's an excellent document Ray. Thanks for sharing it, and for consistently being so generous with information about the SS gyms project.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12