starting strength gym

Thread: Chin ups for elbow pain

Default Chin ups for elbow pain

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Mark. I’ve recently gotten myself a bad dose of elbow tendinitis. I’ve tried lifting through it doing squats bench presses and presses but the pain after 5 rep maxes is unbearable. I listened to an interview on YouTube in which you state doing 10 - 15 sets of chins every 4 days for around 5 workouts to get rid of the pain. If I follow this method would it be wise to put my current training on hold until
    the pain is gone or shall I continue as normal providing I’m not doing a bunch of additional armwork?

I’m doing starting strength right now and have been running it 4 months.

FWIW if it's golfers (inner elbow), then first thing to sort out is likely arm position during squats. I had a really bad time with it and the pin firing protocol was far too painful. Once I fixed my arms in the squat, then magically the pain went away after a few weeks. Best time to do the pin firing IMO is after you get the squat sorted, others have also used the flexi-bar thing to get rid of the last remnants of discomfort.

Post a squat video.

I don’t believe my lifting has caused the injury. I was round a mates house at the weekend and hit his punch bag a few times and I’m pretty sure that’s where this has all come from. Apologies I forgot to mention that in my opening post.

If your lifting didn't cause it, it will probably heal without doing anything except train normally.