starting strength gym

Thread: Strength Training and Myasthenia Gravis | Rosemary Spellman

Default Strength Training and Myasthenia Gravis | Rosemary Spellman

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "*In January 2018, I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis (MG), a chronic autoimmune disease which causes muscle weakness...I managed to hunt down one article that discussed resistance training and MG, and thought that beginning a strength program might help with my symptoms."

Read article

This post came at the perfect time. My son has a similar autoimmune disease, and receives similar monthly infusions. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital last Wed with a flare up of his condition. I have thought for a while that Strength Training would be helpful for him and this article my help me to finally convince him to get under a bar. The articles posted always seem to come at the perfect time. Thank you again Starting Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lacasse View Post
    This post came at the perfect time. My son has a similar autoimmune disease, and receives similar monthly infusions. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital last Wed with a flare up of his condition. I have thought for a while that Strength Training would be helpful for him and this article my help me to finally convince him to get under a bar. The articles posted always seem to come at the perfect time. Thank you again Starting Strength.
    This is awesome, Ben and exactly why I asked Rosemary to write up her story for me. It is tough to find information out there about strength training and X, Y, Z which is why it is important to share these kinds of stories. Another SSC also has MG and strength training is what has helped keep him going strong. Good luck!!!