starting strength gym

Thread: Vision correction options???

Default Vision correction options???

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The old age is getting me and the old age eye thing, it is really getting on my nerves. I can barely see things, and I can't read anything anymore! I used to be an avid reader, so I miss my favorite novels. I am 46 and have to use 3.0 reading glasses. It didn't take that long from a zero to a three. But that is only my reading glasses, I always had perfect vision and can see far away things perfectly, I still do. I can't focus the small letters, it is frustrating to have my reading glasses put on now and then, even when I have to look at the price tag in a grocery store. I have been looking for alternate options such as laser vision correction surgery but wanted to know if anyone has had them. I keep coming across procedures I have never heard of before such as LASIK. PRK, PRESBYOND, etc. I read about these, but I am so afraid to try it out. You can call it an old age thing but it would be really nice to hear it from someone who actually did it. Could you folks care to enlighten me? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Takes about 6 months, in my experience. I wear a monovision contact lens prescription. Everybody I know who had RK or Lasik is back in glasses in 5 years, and there is a significant risk of complications. You only have 2 of the damn things.

I had Lasik about 20 years ago. My vision has changed slightly for the worse, but I can still pass the Colorado driver's license vision test without glasses. I had incredible, better than 20/20, for a few years after the surgery. This vision degraded slowly and asymmetrically over the years. The asymmetrical degradation is a blessing in disguise, I have naturally occurring mono-vision and at 60 years I still do not need reading glasses. I expect that my results are not typical. As Rip mentions, lots of people are back in glasses not long after the surgery. Note: My vision was very poor, very nearsighted (couldn't see distances). I don't know much or have heard of many people having surgery for farsightedness (which is what the OP has). Having surgery on your eyes is not as fun as it sounds. I would proceed cautiously.

Had lasik back in 2010. Vision was 20/200 in my right eye, 20/400 in the left. It was 20/15 in both eyes after surgery. 9 years later it’s still good most days. Sometimes i get some blurriness, but I think it’s allergy related. Haven’t had my eyes checked in 9 years so maybe its time!

It is called Presbyopia. The normal reduction in eyesight flexibility with age, although needing a 3 at your age is a little rare. Lasik is generally more successful with distance vision as opposed to reading. I suggest getting a good examination from and Ophthalmologist.

starting strength coach development program
    I don't know many ophthalmologists, but the several I do know all wear glasses.