starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quit Putting Your Plates on the Bar the Wrong Way | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Are there any similar bonehead moves one can make on loading / unloading plates from the floor eg on the deadlift?
    If you're using a deadlift jack, never straddle the bar while unloading just one side.

Say goodbye to the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Whats more annoying is when lazy fucks put the 45s where the 10s go rather than bend over slightly. Or they just lean the fucking things against the weight tree.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed off about how lazy people are with the 45s. My five foot tall girlfriend can put away 45s correctly, grown ass men who lift weights have no excuse. Guess they have to save their energy for the shrug machine. They just love shrugging plate stacks about 2 inches on that thing. Most popular piece of equipment in the weight room.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimi Kuenzli View Post
    If you're using a deadlift jack, never straddle the bar while unloading just one side.

Say goodbye to the boys.
    I would love to have one of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed off about how lazy people are with the 45s. My five foot tall girlfriend can put away 45s correctly, grown ass men who lift weights have no excuse. Guess they have to save their energy for the shrug machine. They just love shrugging plate stacks about 2 inches on that thing.
    The irony of it all.

They go to the gym to build muscle, burn calories, etc. yet putting shit back where it came from is just too much effort.

It’s always the same assholes. Day after day doing their same routine, with the same weight and same reps.

Every gym should have a mean ole uncle Rip type to publicly shame these dirtbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Every gym should have a mean ole uncle Rip
    My secret cloning research lab is way ahead of you.

Question: IIRC, I saw a sign in one of the videos filmed at WFAC stating something to the effect of "Plates are not to be leaned on the walls."

Does the drywall get dented? Does this pose a risk of someone kicking one while stepping backward and smashing their foot? What's bad about this? I do it all the time.

It's bad for any wall, and it's usually the place the plates stay after your lazy ass leaves the gym. I have plate racks about every 15 feet, at total of 11 in the main gym and 10 in the back, so there is no reason to put them anywhere but in the racks or on the bar.

starting strength coach development program
    Oh god, 45s leaning on drywall? As someone who's easily busted drywall as a very weak teenager, that is a terrible thing to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12