starting strength gym

Thread: The Nutrition Linear Progression with Robert Santana | Starting Strength Radio #30

Default The Nutrition Linear Progression with Robert Santana | Starting Strength Radio #30

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark Rippetoe and Starting Strength Coach Robert Santana discuss Robert's approach to getting started with nutrition for people who are strength training.

Transcript & Episode Resources

Coach Santana always good to hear you. The Nutritional LP is brilliant! There was an effort years ago at CrossFit to make implementing Zone Diet easier by referencing the hand as well (offered as a recollection not criticism or anything else). Look forward to your efforts refining and expanding.

Thank you sir. Lots of ideas in the works to make it better.

Robert, could you clarify or provide more information on your statement that the mercury issue with fish has been debunked?

Mercury is only an issue if the source is low in selenium. Selenium chelates mercury and you are thus able to excrete it. Most fish have a higher selenium:mercury ratio and as long as the selenium content exceeds the mercury content you are fine. Mako shark and swordfish come to mind as fish with legit high mercury levels. However, the commonly consumed fish (e.g. salmon, tuna, tilapia etc) are perfectly okay.

Just throwing this out there because it may benefit others. I wanted to find a way to get more protein in my diet without resorting to commercially sold protein powders. So, I decided to try and make my own. My current recipe yields a drink with approximately 30g of protein that doesn't contain any added sugars and, in my personal opinion, tastes better than any of the commercial ones I've tried. Start with 16oz of milk in a blender bottle and add 1/3 cup of dried/powdered milk, 2 tbsp of peanut butter powder, and cocoa powder to taste. If you like Reese's, you'll like the drink. That being said, if you're someone that enjoys and regularly consumes sweets, then it will probably taste a little bitter to you.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for sharing. I've done milk with powdered milk and it works quite well. Great texture.