starting strength gym

Thread: Carbs, Why They're Not Evil, and Why They're Important for Training | Robert Santana

Default Carbs, Why They're Not Evil, and Why They're Important for Training | Robert Santana

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Starting Strength Coach and Registered Dietician Robert Santana gives a comprehensive presentation on carbohydrates during the Nutrition and Rehab Camp* held at WFAC in October 2019.*

I'm going to get this one started because the YouTube comments were quite entertaining. It really amazes me how people are completely unable to look around and assess their food environment. Not only am I consumer of both restaurant and grocery store food but I also make a living looking at what people eat and I've yet to meet a fat guy/gal that ate a low fat diet that was high in carbohydrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I'm going to get this one started because the YouTube comments were quite entertaining. It really amazes me how people are completely unable to look around and assess their food environment. Not only am I consumer of both restaurant and grocery store food but I also make a living looking at what people eat and I've yet to meet a fat guy/gal that ate a low fat diet that was high in carbohydrates.
    The haters seem to have mainly divided into two camps, the "this is all wrong, you don't know what you're talking about, also Rip is fat" people, and the "I already knew all that, this is basic information!" crowd. They don't seem to be putting much energy into fighting each other though. Maybe they need more carbs.

Saying the word carb on the internet is like saying the word "Trump" in California

I thought doing that in California got you arrested.

So will eating carbs

Man, I am lucky I came out of my one trip to that state in one piece.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    ...I've yet to meet a fat guy/gal that ate a low fat diet that was high in carbohydrates.
    In your experience, can fat people maintain a high-carb, low-fat, presumably high-protein diet long-term? Arithmetically, it works. I just wonder if hunger is going to ruin it. Maybe high-protein satiates and helps with compliance.

I note with myself, all carbs are not equal. Oatmeal doesn't leave me hungry but ice cream does (sweet tooth). I've had success losing bodyfat with low-carb, but if high-carb, low-fat, high-protein works I'll try it.