starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Simple Guide to Eating for New Trainees | Ray Gillenwater

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Great article. Any recommendations on fiber supplementation? I'm currently experiencing either an anal fissure or severe prolapsed hemorrhoids (or both - I know I've got hemorrhoids because when I apply Preparation H it's like reading Braille.)

I've started eating more fiber-rich foods and also taking psyllium husk capsules to try and prevent this situation in the future. Just wondering if there are any specific fiber recommendations to go along with the protein guidelines.
    I had the same issue when doing carnivore diet long term. I have since added back in white rice, but otherwise mostly meat. HCL/pepsin tablets help with breaking down protein too.

Santana recommends Grape Nuts as a fiber supplement. I can't remember his minimum for diet programming, but something like a tablespoon or so will get you there. They are good on your yogurt or ricotta cheese in the morning.

I have a question. My wife only has one kidney. She lost the other in an atv accident about 15 years ago. She is 45 and has been on the NLP for about four months. She is 5’5” and is around 140 lbs. She is concerned about the amount of protein she intakes due to the kidney issue. Her family practitioner recommended she only intake .5 g per gram of body weight to minimize the risk of damaging the lone kidney. Is this sound advice? Any alternate recommendations?

This is complete bullshit. People in general would be healthier without GPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Myers View Post
    I have a question. My wife only has one kidney. She lost the other in an atv accident about 15 years ago. She is 45 and has been on the NLP for about four months. She is 5’5” and is around 140 lbs. She is concerned about the amount of protein she intakes due to the kidney issue. Her family practitioner recommended she only intake .5 g per gram of body weight to minimize the risk of damaging the lone kidney. Is this sound advice? Any alternate recommendations?
    .5 gram per gram of bodyweight? I'm assume you mean "pound of bodyweight" and just made an error. .5 grams of protein per GRAM of bodyweight would be more protein than a human could possibly consume.

starting strength coach development program
    He meant either 1g/pound, or 1g/kilo. Either way, ridiculous advice on the basis of kidney function.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234