starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Essential Quotes for the Strength Trainee | Nick Delgadillo

Default 10 Essential Quotes for the Strength Trainee | Nick Delgadillo

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Henry Rollins-what a poet. Now I know why he looked the way he did during his hardcore punk years.

Thank you Coach! I needed to read those quotes - it is a nice selection of truths. I am grappling with several things, including work and personal situations. The iron does make one stronger. The ability to fight the iron gives me the ability to fight the other "stuff". The other "stuff" finally succumbs.

"The bar will feel like it is not going to move. Just keep pushing the floor. The bar will move." - quote to me from Nick Delgadillo. Wise words.

Quote Originally Posted by mdb View Post
    Thank you Coach! I needed to read those quotes - it is a nice selection of truths. I am grappling with several things, including work and personal situations. The iron does make one stronger. The ability to fight the iron gives me the ability to fight the other "stuff". The other "stuff" finally succumbs.

"The bar will feel like it is not going to move. Just keep pushing the floor. The bar will move." - quote to me from Nick Delgadillo. Wise words.
    I need to refine the quote as I think back to the time and place: "The bar will feel like it is not moving. Just keep pushing the floor. The bar will move."

Thanks, Coach. As to Paul Horn’s quotation, it reminds me of the 260 mile non-stop canoe race I used to do every year when I was younger—the Texas Water Safari. When one of my partners—John Bugge set the all-time record in 1986, a reporter from the Dallas Morning News asked him why he did the race every year, ad he replied:

“Because after you do it, nothing you face in the next year can possibly be that bad,” John replies. I never won the race—only managed to place second—but can only say “How true!” Obviously, Paul Horn understands!

Best regards,

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by mdb View Post

Very cool. Thanks.

Wise words indeed. I think these words would be wasted on a majority of people. What I like is that these people we have put on pedestals admit it is not easy. Yet it was that which must not be retreated from.

I'll share one of my favorites, from Marcus Aurelius :

At dawn, when you have trouble getting out of bed, tell yourself: “I have to go to work — as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I’m going to do what I was born for — the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm?”

I begin my training at 5:30am when the gym opens, 4 days a week. I cant count the number of times this got me out of bed and into my freezing-ass car to go lift.

If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, "What is the riddle of steel?" If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me.
    I like to replace Steel with Iron.

starting strength coach development program
    These quotes would be great on a poster, to be hung in the home or public gym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast