starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Creatine is Good for Masters Lifters | Jonathon Sullivan

Default Why Creatine is Good for Masters Lifters | Jonathon Sullivan

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dr. Jonathon Sullivan discusses why creatine is one of the very few supplements he recommends to trainees.

Creatine is the one supplement where I notice an immediate dropoff in training performance when I stop taking it. It can give interesting results in a urine test, so be prepared to explain this to your doctor.

Optimum Nutrition makes a 2.5g capsule. I take one in the am and one in the pm. I can’t stand choking down the powder personally.

Good article, but I am surprised he didn’t give Creatine much kudos for nootropic benefits. I guess I need to revisit the data on it. Still great for barbell training and Jiu Jitsu!

My physician recently told me to stop taking creatine because my creatinine level was a little high (1.36)

Physicians will do that.

I am wondering if I should start supplementing creatine again? Possible adverse affects?

what kind of heart issue might make creatine contra-indicated? In my case I have an artificial aortic valve

Quote Originally Posted by Gbraddock View Post
    Optimum Nutrition makes a 2.5g capsule. I take one in the am and one in the pm. I can’t stand choking down the powder personally.

Good article, but I am surprised he didn’t give Creatine much kudos for nootropic benefits. I guess I need to revisit the data on it. Still great for barbell training and Jiu Jitsu!
    Thanks for your post. I have a couple of questions, if I may.

How did you decide on 5 g /day?

Have you experienced any nootropic benefits?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kansan View Post
    My physician recently told me to stop taking creatine because my creatinine level was a little high (1.36)
    Did your physician order any follow up lab work upon discontinuation of Creatine? Or is he just performing a CYA? It would be his duty IMO if a patient demonstrated a high lab value to rule out kidney disease. Otherwise, I would personally relieve the Dr of his services! Always remember, WE are the customer and THEY provide a service. If unsatisfactory services are provided, they should be replaced with someone who does provide adequate services for our lifestyle.

Just my .02 of course.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ss182 View Post
    Thanks for your post. I have a couple of questions, if I may.

How did you decide on 5 g /day?

Have you experienced any nootropic benefits?

Thanks
    I’ve always remembered the “maintenance” dose to be 5g per day. I don’t buy into the loading phase. I’m open to changing this if I were to see a good reason to do so.

As for the nootropic benefits, I can’t say that I have experienced anything earth shattering LOL.

BUT...my bloodwork looks really good so I’ll keep taking it at this dose for now.

Hope it helps

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast