starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a friend onboard the strength train

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    I have bought so many copies of books for people over the years only to later find them covered in dust and barely opened except to look at the pictures. I have come to believe that Lifters are born, not made.
    I hate it too, but you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    The most I offer these days is "heavy deadlifts can be good for sorting out bad backs". If they pick up on it and want to know more, then fine, if they don't, equally fine.
    My experience is that people look at me like I'm a total loon and slowly edge away towards the door whenever I try this.

The less strong people the better. Who needs the competition...

The only person I have successfully gotten into strength training was my girlfriend, and I think that's mostly because I'm in the gym those three days anyway, whether she's there or not, and she likes to spend time with me. Getting stronger was more of a side benefit. She's nowhere near as engrossed in the subject as I am. All other friends and family are either plain uninterested, or prefer some other means of exercise.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by m_sporkboy View Post
    My experience is that people look at me like I'm a total loon and slowly edge away towards the door whenever I try this.
    I just toss it in like a hand-grenade and move on to another subject. After all, I really don't need to spend half an hour discussing someone else's ailments unless I'm being paid to do so. I've recently found that uploading a video of me pulling a heavy deadlift can often provide inspiration to the infirm and doubtful on the basis 'if you can, I can'.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    The less strong people the better. Who needs the competition...
    Good point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12