What it Takes to Become a Starting Strength Coach | Mark Rippetoe What it Takes to Become a Starting Strength Coach | Mark Rippetoe

starting strength gym

Thread: What it Takes to Become a Starting Strength Coach | Mark Rippetoe

Default What it Takes to Become a Starting Strength Coach | Mark Rippetoe

• wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    Part 1: Mark Rippetoe discusses the Starting Strength Coach certification and how its roots in the Starting Strength Method makes it the most valuable credential in the fitness industry.

Some day soon I shall test.

Prepare to be wowed by my vast knowledge of corrective bullshit, thanks to my 4 NASM certificates, which I clearly hold in high esteem!

If any of the oral board questions pertain to the all-important BOSU squat then Iím a shoe-in.

I am a rank novice with no formal or professional fitness background. I have an academic background in an analytically rigorous discipline, and modest skill and experience in teaching abstract, college-level material. I haven't completed my novice LP, but I suspect I am late in the process. I have been lifting now for a few months, and my progression across most of the lifts has begun to slow. I have received no coaching, and don't live near enough to any registered SS coaches to make either apprenticeship, or regular, in-person coaching a viable option.

As a mid-to-long-term goal I am interested in pursuing SS coaching certification. Mark mentions in the video that extensive coaching experience should be considered prerequisite for acquiring certification. Given my lack of experience and coaching credentials, I am troubled by the following two questions:

1) When in my training should I consider myself ready to coach someone through the novice LP?

2) Once I am ready to try coaching someone, how should I go about finding a trainee to coach?

Any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Jem Dillon; 01-04-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Some day soon I shall test.

Prepare to be wowed by my vast knowledge of corrective bullshit, thanks to my 4 NASM certificates, which I clearly hold in high esteem!

If any of the oral board questions pertain to the all-important BOSU squat then Iím a shoe-in.
    4 years ago, when I was using a BOSU ball to rehab an ACL recon, I failed to see the value in my 4 year old daughterís slaying of my BOSU ball by way of stabbing the inflated side repeatedly with an ink pen. LOL. Such wisdom at an early age haha