starting strength gym

Thread: Broken Ankle Recovery

Default Broken Ankle Recovery

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    In late October I fell on my ankle while playing soccer. Apparently that caused a small tibia fracture, and I had my left lower leg in a cast for two months. As of one week ago, I am back on my feet and walking(limping) albeit with some pain(Which I assume is due to atrophy, lack of movement, and perhaps sprained ligaments from the accident). I'd like to get back to training as soon as possible, given that it will aid in my recovery and not delay it. Since my ankle is not currently very stable, I am hesitant to get back under the bar. I'm a 24 year old male and this is my first ankle injury. Am I correct to resume my training immediately, or should I wait until i feel "recovered"?

It feels too unstable to risk squatting the empty bar?

I got up to 3 plates for 5 reps before getting hurt, would it really be necessary to start again at the bar? If I can squat without discomfort(or much discomfort), should I restart my LP at whatever weight feels "good" for 5 reps?

You're the one who said it was unstable. I'n just trying to figure out why you haven't already trained on it.