starting strength gym

Thread: Advanced Novice Programming

Default Advanced Novice Programming

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So I worked my way up to low 300s on squats, but after reviewing a video, came to the conclusion that I need to drop the weight a bit to fix my form because I wasn’t getting depth. Would this be considered a back off and require me to start incorporating 2 x 5 at 80% on Wednesdays and only add lbs on Mon and Fri? Also, should I start doing back-off sets for my main working days at the same time or do I change one variable at a time?

5’10”
    200 lbs
    3300-3500 cals a day on MyFitnessPal

Quote Originally Posted by Brody_G View Post
    So I worked my way up to low 300s on squats, but after reviewing a video, came to the conclusion that I need to drop the weight a bit to fix my form because I wasn’t getting depth. Would this be considered a back off and require me to start incorporating 2 x 5 at 80% on Wednesdays and only add lbs on Mon and Fri? Also, should I start doing back-off sets for my main working days at the same time or do I change one variable at a time?

5’10”
    200 lbs
    I would correct an work back up with standard LP. (No back of day)

Also good to read for you: Trying to keep LP alive

Quote Originally Posted by Brody_G View Post

5’10”
    200 lbs
    Do 3x5 @ 80% not 2x5. If you do 2x5, you're changing multiple variables. Fix your form, keep doing the program and when it's necessary add your light day. Then, when it's necessary, do the backoff sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Do 3x5 @ 80% not 2x5. If you do 2x5, you're changing multiple variables. Fix your form, keep doing the program and when it's necessary add your light day. Then, when it's necessary, do the backoff sets.
    Thank you very much Coach Nick! That clears it up a lot. I’ll keep working my way back up 5 lbs at a time and when I get stuck again and then for 2 consecutive workouts i’ll drop to 3 x 5 for 80%.