starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for articles/posts about what to do if a beginner doesn't gain size or mass

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by amazonJackpot View Post
    A Clarification | Mark Rippetoe

If you don't gain 10 kg muscle in one year, but 1 kg muscle, that doesn't mean you won't have the newbie gains in the second year. Sure you wasted the first year by not doing it at optimum, You will always grow quickly as long as you can't lift x kg.
    That's already confusing to me, how you

And why do you tell people to eat 4000 kcal and more? This is fat gain pure. Or do you all have a metabolic system like Speedy Gonzales/Flash/Sonic?
    I gain weight with only 2500 kcal. 183cm 77kg

And after 1 month of weightlifting I could squat only 40kg. Started with 20kg. Could not add 5 kg per workout on squats after 30 days. I then already plateaued. Then I stopped weightlifting. I gained weight, followed the routine(not yours, but it's literally the same) and still Iam a looser.
    You're 183cm and 77kg and you came here with the premise "don't tell me to eat more." You need to gain about 15kg.

Read Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, and do the program exactly as written.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I was hoping this thread wouldn't evaporate; I think this could be a genuinely good teaching opportunity. There seems to be a lot going on here with this poster.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    You should add kcal and stop being a pussy.
    That's not the problem. Gaining weight is easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    99.9% chance you aren’t doing the program. Eat more
    might be, might be, but I struggle understanding it.

It says when you reach 8x8x8 then you add weight, but in the same time, it says, if you can't increase the reps for 3 workouts, you have to do 1 rep less per workout.
    Whilst not training to failure, but only 1-2 reps before failure.
    This is a hoax. This is contradictory.
    How am I supposed to gain anything without training hard? Training 1-2 reps before failure is not hard training. Going 1-2 reps back if you plateau is also not hard training.
    I mean I already went 1 rep back per set, but I still cannot increase anything. How much am I supposed to deload the reps? Soon I will train with 1 reps or what?

Just venting. Not really related to ss. And I am used with being called a troll. I live with that. I will probably die with this shithole of trolling unpurposely.

Normally, I'd say "Don't feed the trolls." However, this troll needs to eat. Hold him down and force feed him.

And I am used with being called a troll. I live with that.
    Really???

That's not the problem. Gaining weight is easy.
    Then why haven't you done it?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.

why would i eat more if i already gain 1-2 kg per month? gaining more does not lead to more muscle. why should i gain 15 kg fa? fat does not make me more muscular or stronger.
    if you mean muscle, 15 kg of muscle, that needs many, many months.

why would i eat more if i already gain 1-2 kg per month?
    Because of your lack of progress?

gaining more does not lead to more muscle.
    Where do you think muscle comes from?

why should i gain 15 kg fa?
    If you are training, and eating to fuel training, why do you believe this would happen?

fat does not make me more muscular or stronger.
    I think you have a problem with "being fat."

If there was only a program that took several months and was capable of building 30 pounds of body weight, mostly muscle, in that time.

Your assumptions about muscle growth are wrong. You should read Starting Strength, and if you do the program as outlined in the book correctly, you will get the results.

starting strength coach development program
    why would i eat more if i already gain 1-2 kg per month? gaining more does not lead to more muscle. why should i gain 15 kg fa? fat does not make me more muscular or stronger.
    If this is how you feel and think to the point of not listening to the advice given, then why did you post? If it was for moral support, then keep it up and get those lean gains.

If, however, you are legitimately here for advice, then take it. Gain 5kg a month for 3 months and progressively increase weight as programmed in the blue book (definitely not what you posted earlier). If you don't like it after 3 months, do what you want that is more your style.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast