starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: looking for articles/posts about what to do if a beginner doesn't gain size or mass

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by amazonJackpot View Post
    It says when you reach 8x8x8 then you add weight, but in the same time, it says, if you can't increase the reps for 3 workouts, you have to do 1 rep less per workout.
    Whilst not training to failure, but only 1-2 reps before failure.
    This is a hoax. This is contradictory.
    How am I supposed to gain anything without training hard? Training 1-2 reps before failure is not hard training. Going 1-2 reps back if you plateau is also not hard training.
    I mean I already went 1 rep back per set, but I still cannot increase anything. How much am I supposed to deload the reps? Soon I will train with 1 reps or what?

Just venting. Not really related to ss. And I am used with being called a troll. I live with that. I will probably die with this shithole of trolling unpurposely.
    What lifting program are you doing?

Unless there is a 4th edition of Starting Strength, I've not read about doing squats or deadlifts as 8x8x8 as you indicate in your response.

I am not eating more because I already eat more than my body needs? Don't you only have to eat more, if you don't gain bodyweight?
    I stopped because strength didn't increase in normal speed(compared to other normal human beings, if I tell them how slow i progress they are shocked) and I only saw fat gains.
    Training and kcal surplus doesn't always mean ~1 kg of muscle per month. It can also be 100g gains per month or even a reduction of muscle mass. Because that's what happening to me I think. I am losing muscle mass.
    What I don't like about the book is that he wants me to eat 200% of my tdee. Cough. TDEE is 2200. tdeecalculator says I am sedentary if my maintenance is at ~2200. That tool is so wrong.
    And it's not easy for a noob to transform the knowledge of this book to calisthenics. I do calisthenics only.

And................................... he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by amazonJackpot View Post
    And it's not easy for a noob to transform the knowledge of this book to calisthenics. I do calisthenics only.
    Did he make that bold himself or did someone edit it that way after the fact? I feel like everyone trying to help the guy wanted to bash their head against something when they read this.

I do not alter posts, except to occasionally correct spelling. His bold.

starting strength coach development program
    I wonder why he bolded it. I can't imagine it was because he was aware of the irony.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123