starting strength gym

Thread: Using Box Squats for Knee Tendonitis | Mark Rippetoe

Default Using Box Squats for Knee Tendonitis | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip teaches the box squat and describes its use as a primary exercise when a lifter has achy knees.

If the solution to tennis/golfers elbow is to irritate the shit out, thus inducing the inflammatory cascade, via starr protocol chins, does that logic not apply to knee tendonitis as well?

I assume avoiding irritating the knees with the squat is because you would use a different tool to starr protocol the knees or is it because the protocol just doesn’t work well with knee tendons?

As I have said hundreds of times, the Starr doesn't apply to tendonitis.

Woops, I missed that.

I assume the chin-up protocol works for tennis/golfer’s because the condition being treated is epicondylitis and not tendinitis or?..

Epicondylitis is tendonitis on an epicondyle.

Roger that - i think my mistake was confusing the starr protocol (muscle belly tears, back tweaks) as synonymous with the chin-up protocol (tennis/golfers elbow) and there is no chin-up protocol for the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Roger that - i think my mistake was confusing the starr protocol (muscle belly tears, back tweaks) as synonymous with the chin-up protocol (tennis/golfers elbow) and there is no chin-up protocol for the knees.
    Over the last few weeks I used front squats to try and get my chronic quadriceps tendinopathy to heal. Started with 20 doubles with the heaviest weight I thought my knee could take. Got very sore and inflammed. Each time I felt I could tolerate more. Still not pain free, but back to cleaning and front squatting heavy. Dropped the 20 sets down to 4-6 heavy doubles or triples now. This is just what I did, not saying it works.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by m s View Post
    Over the last few weeks I used front squats to try and get my chronic quadriceps tendinopathy to heal. Started with 20 doubles with the heaviest weight I thought my knee could take. Got very sore and inflammed. Each time I felt I could tolerate more. Still not pain free, but back to cleaning and front squatting heavy. Dropped the 20 sets down to 4-6 heavy doubles or triples now. This is just what I did, not saying it works.
    Thanks for the input - i was wondering if something like that might work. Not sure why I confused starr protocol with chin protocol. I think I know better and my scatter-brain just misremembered.