starting strength gym

Thread: Dioxycycline Medication

Default Dioxycycline Medication

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I went to the dermatologist a few months ago and got prescribed Dioxycycline pills to take once a day. It’s an anti inflammatory, antibiotic pill that helps keep acne under control because it had been rough up until that point. I despise taking any medication ever and I am just wanting to know if any of you know if this medication has any bad effects long-term. Dermatologist said he’ll keep me on it until I grow out of acne, is it going to lose any threats to my body or anything? Thanks guys.

It's "doxycycline": Doxycycline - Wikipedia

Hi Brody,
    I'm a dermatologist who had to spend several months on doxy for Malaria prophylaxis so I have some insight in to this. It is an effective drug for Acne so don't be scared of it and you can train and live your life normally (can make you feel awful if you drink). Of course you're right to avoid meds if possible but Acne can make people miserable, its your life, and as long as you know no medication is entirely safe then go ahead. Long term antibiotics aren't ideal for gut health, but if you continue to eat well your gut microbiome should recover. The list of potential side effects are huge, reflecting the fact that its been on the market for so long, but the really common ones are light sensitivity (cover up, SPF 50+ with high UVA cover) and a mild low grade nausea/reflux.
    Good luck

Personally i have a weird reaction to doxy. The symptoms are almost like the initial onset of the flu and like what I imagine hot flashes feel like. It makes it difficult for me to get quality sleep. This probably varies on an individual basis and there are many other factors to consider.

Thank you so much for the insight! That clears things up a lot.