starting strength gym

Thread: SSC vs. Exercise Physiology Master's Degree/CSCS/SCCC | Amanda Sheppard

Default SSC vs. Exercise Physiology Master's Degree/CSCS/SCCC | Amanda Sheppard

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "At this point in my career, I am Amanda Sheppard M.S. Ed., SCCC CSCS CPR/AED/First Aid certified. There are people out there who will pay for any certification that exists just to add more letters after their name, but in reality they are artificially filling their tool box and never becoming great at any one thing. We all know Rip’s opinion on the state of collegiate Exercise Science degrees and their effectiveness, but I think it might be appropriate to share my first-hand experience as to why he has a point."

Read article

What kind of stuff do you have to know for the CSCS exam? Do you have to actually study their expensive textbooks and memorize stuff, or can someone with a bio/chem/etc degree and knowledge of strength training roll in there and have a good chance of passing? Genuinely curious.

You have to know what they expect you to say, which is not discernible through logic and analysis. Thus, their study materials continue to sell.

With a biology undergrad, you would be able to skip half the material, as it is the basic science stuff. With a strong knowledge of strength training, you could probably read through the second half of the textbook to get familiar with the NSCA programming philosophy and other tangential topics such as facility management.