starting strength gym

Thread: How to Power Snatch | Josh Wells

Default How to Power Snatch | Josh Wells

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Starting Strength Coach Josh Wells teaches the power snatch at Starting Strength Houston

Quick question about programming the Power Snatch. I like the idea of Olympic lifting and once I have recovered from some recent gallbladder surgery intend to have another go at NLP (around about April/May). Previously (before the gallbladder attack essentially fucked up my progression) I was working in the power clean as per the prescribed program. I would like to factor in the Snatch and the Clean, alternating these lifts on the program. Is this a viable approach or too suboptimal for making gains over the life of the program? In essence is it an either/or choice? Current status (bearing in mind I stopped lifting back in October when I had my attack), male, 44 years old, 172cm height, weight 78 kilos (down from about 84kg in October)

Josh Wells is offline Starting Strength Coach
    big-O

I have been working Power Snatches and Power Cleans in this way for a long time. I have seen great success with alternating them in the program. If you decide to get more into Olympic lifting, then you would need do perform these lifts with more frequency. Hope this helps.

Thanks Josh, appreciated.

P.S I think Mark should write a blue book on Olympic Weightlifting. From what I’ve read and watched on this site, there is a huge amount of knowledge on the topic. Starting Strength shook and continues to shake the dreadful complacency of the strength and conditioning world; perhaps it’s time for the Olympic Weightlifting world to get the same treatment?

Probably a bad idea, at least from a business standpoint.