starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength Changed My Life | Ray Gillenwater

Default Starting Strength Changed My Life | Ray Gillenwater

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "I’ve always been wary of zealots that are convinced they have the solution to life’s problems. Not necessarily because I doubt their own personal experience, I simply doubt the validity of any claim that’s not empirically verifiable. I’m a skeptic by nature and it would be hard to find a more committed evangelist of Starting Strength than me."

Read article

Ray's the shit.

"This job has also brought me closer to my family, as I get to work day-to-day with my brother and sister, two of the most talented people I know."

Damn Ray, this piece really tugged at the heartstrings. Thanks for putting yourself out there mate, and thanks for everything you do. You already know how much respect I have for you and your mission. Keep up the great work!

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

Travis, when are you going to move the states and become an apprentice coach?

Also, I can attest to the quality of the team that the franchise company has put together. Rip, Stef and Nick are certainly household names and their abilities are unquestioned. But Ray’s brother, Ben, and his sister, Jen, behind the scenes are extremely valuable.

I didn’t realize the need we as a gym would have for Tech but, hot damn, Ben is on top of his game. Not only with the tech he and his team have developed but in helping the gyms automate processes to free us up to focus on members and their training.

Jen’s organizational focus and attention to detail was a key factor in us being able to open within our expected timeframe.

Can’t sing this team’s praises enough.

Further to Ray’s point, as well, we’re at ground zero with the benefits generated by the gym. This may sound odd but before this I had a corporate job for an engineering and construction contractor for Oil & Gas. I helped build the facilities that make our modern society possible. Yes, I was contributing to the welfare of others - our clients made plastics, petrochemicals and other refined products that help us go about our daily lives but that was so far removed. In the end, what was front and center was cold, hard profit or loss. Now, while I’m still very much focused on the gym’s P&L statement, I can see our 74 year-old trainee’s quality of life improve through the application of the Starting Strength method. And I know that the best way to affect my P&L is to continue to deliver these results to more and more people.

I agree Ray - Starting Strength changed my life, too.

Trust me JD, the thought has crossed my mind many times. If I was young and single, I would have been over there yesterday. However with a wife and two children of elementary school age, it's a bit tricky. A six-to-12 month sabbatical is possible with some planning, we'll see how it goes. Just this morning I was talking to Ray about passing through Houston in December en route to the seminar in Wichita Falls, so lets start there and see what happens.

Good article, Ray!

I am remarkably grateful for this article. You've hit a very important nerve.

starting strength coach development program
    Here! Here! And I don't care what anyone says, Ben's boyish charm is a rival to Ray's rugged good looks any day . .LOL...