starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona outbreak -> Gym closed down, need workout recommendations

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think you mean "our first amendment rights."
    I dunno, the second amendment does provide a very big hurdle to a government enforcing laws that are extremely unpopular. Not that they don't try to push their luck the best they can sometimes, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by shoq View Post
    In the US, laws such as limiting people to 100 people or less are non-enforcable due to our second amendment rights. Thank God I live here instead of Europe, I can go where I please without the government oppressing me with their rules.
    The state of Ohio passed an order yesterday banning most gatherings of 100 people or more. It's not legal, but I don't have a 100 person meeting to go to, so I guess I'll have to abide by the order out of convenience.

My gym will be open. It's personal training only, but I'd be happy to let some SS forums people in as long as we can schedule it.
    Last edited by AndrewLewis; 03-18-2020 at 07:28 AM. Reason: typo
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Coronavirus Emergency Workout Plan

1. Get on internet

2. Get out credit card

3. Order power rack, weights and bar.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinePMI View Post
    Coronavirus Emergency Workout Plan

1. Get on internet

2. Get out credit card

3. Order power rack, weights and bar.
    Either this ^ if you can swing it and want it as a long term solution or just take some time off. You'll be fine - had to take 3 months off for medical reasons a couple years ago with absolutely no lifting allowed. Within a month of being back under the bar, was a strong as when I stopped.

Honestly there's probably stuff you can do, you just have to keep in mind it's not a true substitute, just a better than nothing type measure.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Honestly there's probably stuff you can do, you just have to keep in mind it's not a true substitute, just a better than nothing type measure.
    I had a week off to see the folks. For a laugh I decided to do some press ups. I've never done any since starting strength training and back then I could barely do 20 then. I was surprised how easily I could knock out 40 hardly breaking into a sweat and not even mildly out of breath. It was more cardio than strength, I reckon I could easily have knocked out 100.

Quote Originally Posted by shoq View Post
    In the US, laws such as limiting people to 100 people or less are non-enforcable due to our second amendment rights. Thank God I live here instead of Europe, I can go where I please without the government oppressing me with their rules.
    Do you mean our 2nd amendment right that we can keep and bear arms in order to resist enforcing freedom of assembly? Or did you mean 1st amendment rights to freely assemble?

This particular troll has been sorted out.

I'm also stuck in a two week country-wide gym shutdown. On the off-chance that anyone here lives in Denmark (specifically Copenhagen/Zealand) and has a gym set-up where I can train...let me know. Must've contacted at least 30 gyms at this point and been universally rejected. I can't even go across the border to Sweden (where there are open) gyms because the fucking border is shutdown.

Until then I guess I'm going to get really good at body-weight chins and handstand push-ups. Maybe I should try some of that grease the groove shit or maybe I'm better off just doing 3-5 sets every few days. Thoughts?

Pretty bummed, was a couple of workouts away from a 5 plate x 5 squat.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    I'm also stuck in a two week country-wide gym shutdown. On the off-chance that anyone here lives in Denmark (specifically Copenhagen/Zealand) and has a gym set-up where I can train...let me know.
    This is probably illegal. You would be arrested and thrown in jail. Where you would contract The Virus.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast