starting strength gym
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona outbreak -> Gym closed down, need workout recommendations

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is probably illegal. You would be arrested and thrown in jail. Where you would contract The Virus.
    As long as there's a rack, plates, and a barbell there, I can only hope to be arrested!

I traveled back to my parents' town where a health club had remained open, which was allowed under the "fewer than 100 people" rule. Only for the government to just now release a statement that all universities, schools, kindergartens, gyms, healthclubs, restaurants, bars and coffeeshops (the ones where you buy coffee and the ones where you buy weed) are to close until April 6th (universities until March 31st for now). At least I managed to get one extra training day out of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    As long as there's a rack, plates, and a barbell there, I can only hope to be arrested!
    I am from Italy. I am working in the hospital as a doctor. You will understand soon

I hope you get arrested if you are that stupid. Training is not that important.

Quote Originally Posted by porcopedico View Post
    I am working in the hospital as a doctor.
    Do doctors in Italy receive training in mathematical/rigorous infectious disease modeling? Here in Denmark they don't.

Order some resistance bands online. Do banded bodyweight stuff. Better than nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is probably illegal. You would be arrested and thrown in jail. Where you would contract The Virus.
    And some interesting shower room friends.

If you've gotta know, I'm a student in the US whose college has basically shut down. Anyway, I'm fine with the social distancing and shutdown stuff--I'm young and healthy and can afford to sacrifice a bit to benefit everyone else.

I've been trying pushups, chair dips, air squats, and other bodyweight exercises. They're certainly something, but definitely not the same. I suppose they're better than nothing... unless they're actually not?

Well, official word from the Y in my state is they're closing through the end of the month and focusing all their resources on childcare.

I guess it's a good time to work on conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    Do doctors in Italy receive training in mathematical/rigorous infectious disease modeling? Here in Denmark they don't.
    I had epidomiological ststistics courses during my PhD.
    But even who hasn't: it's enough seeing every day dying more people to understand this is something serious

This Video shoes obituaries from the city of Bergamo 9th february and 13th march
    YouTube
    Just to get an idea

That's why italian stay at home

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by porcopedico View Post
    I had epidomiological ststistics courses during my PhD.
    But even who hasn't: it's enough seeing every day dying more people to understand this is something serious

This Video shoes obituaries from the city of Bergamo 9th february and 13th march
    YouTube
    Just to get an idea

That's why italian stay at home
    There's a lot of room for speculation on what causes the Italian death rate. One strong possibility is socialized medicine. We already know they are prioritizing younger over older patients for treatment. And who's more likely to die from this thing?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast