starting strength gym
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Corona outbreak -> Gym closed down, need workout recommendations

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by porcopedico View Post
    I had epidomiological ststistics courses during my PhD.
    But even who hasn't: it's enough seeing every day dying more people to understand this is something serious

This Video shoes obituaries from the city of Bergamo 9th february and 13th march
    YouTube
    Just to get an idea

That's why italian stay at home

Is the mayor of Florence still running his "hug a Chinese" campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    There's a lot of room for speculation on what causes the Italian death rate. One strong possibility is socialized medicine. We already know they are prioritizing younger over older patients for treatment. And who's more likely to die from this thing?
    From what I've read, contributing factors besides that include the large Chinese population in northern Italy and the relative age of the Italian population overall (median age of about 46, about 30% over 60, second in the world). Something like 90% of the deaths in Italy are among those 70 or older.

Lifetime just closed it’s doors today until at least the end of march. Fortunately they’re still paying their trainers an average of their earnings.

China is helping us. We hug them virtually. No time for sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You can't train a barbell strength program without barbells. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Seaman View Post
    I specifically remember Andy Baker addressing this issue for someone going on a vacation. Sorry I can't find the link right away, but its around somewhere. He had specific recommendations for things to do to minimize the detraining you would experience.
    I didn't find a link, but Andy Baker just put up a 54 minute youtube video on the topic of things you can do if you don't have access to barbells for a period of time. I hope this link works, but I think if you search for andy baker on you tube it pops up. YouTube

I specifically remember Andy Baker addressing this issue for someone going on a vacation. Sorry I can't find the link right away, but its around somewhere. He had specific recommendations for things to do to minimize the detraining you would experience.
    I was happy to see Coach Baker back in my youtube feed, with advice on how to train with gyms closed.

YouTube

I didn't find a link, but Andy Baker just put up a 54 minute youtube video on the topic of things you can do if you don't have access to barbells for a period of time. I hope this link works, but I think if you search for andy baker on you tube it pops up. YouTube
    Right when I had given up on OP getting an actual response to their question.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by porcopedico View Post
    China is helping us. We hug them virtually. No time for sarcasm
    I strongly disagree. This is exactly the time for sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I strongly disagree. This is exactly the time for sarcasm.
    Agreed. If you can't laugh at death itself, do you even have a sense of humor?

starting strength coach development program
    It looks like the Andy Baker video mentions the thing I'm worried about even more than maintaining strength levels, and that's maintaining the habit. That more than anything is why I'm trying to keep to some kind of a training routine with the gyms closed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast